Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gold Class treat..

We received a $100.00 Gold Class cinema movie gift voucher for Christmas 2007 - it expired 31.12.08. Of course, there's nothing like leaving it until the last day or so before expiry. As it turns out (and very unfortunately as we are in dire need of a date night!!!), both of us could not attend. Poor little Miss D is suffering a(nother) virus this week so one of us definitely had to stay home bedside.

A few hours before the film and I was frantically thinking about who else could join me. I made a few calls and organised my Aunt to accompany me to watch 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'. My goodness, take a few (boxes) tissues if you see this, as a Mother it damn well tugged at those heart strings. I really enjoyed the lead roles and not being a huge Brad Pitt fan I wasn't watching it through lustful eyes, so to speak. Very highly commended goes to Cate Blanchett who I must add looked her most stunning ever, I have put it down to her long, flowing hairstyle and possibly the dark colour.

We had a wonderful and very late night and I haven't stopped thinking of the story for the past 24 hours. A wonderful concept indeed. Interested now to hear what my American screenwriter friends make of it.

Looking forward to a number of recent openings and upcoming films including 'Slumdog Millionaire', 'I've Loved You So Long', 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' and 'He's Just Not That Into You'. I love it when there are a handful of wonderful films to select from. I don't love it, however, when we can't go out as a couple to watch these films.

I know, I know....my girls are only young once ---- BUT HEY, so am I.

4 comments:

  1. I fancy all the ones you've listed too, although haven't heard of slumdog millionaire. We haven't used our Gold Class voucher yet - but hope to in the next few weeks and Benjamin is the movie of choice. Our girls are mostly over their colds, although not happy to be left ... aaargh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB and I go so UNoften to the cinema - it's Gold Class all the way for us now ( hell, we're going to have a good time of it if we have to make that much of an effort ! ).. I have been HANGING to see Benj.B since it was first announced in production .. but then. I suck at weepies .. but still :)

    And yes, we sound old.
    pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Vicki Cristina Barcelona and LOVED it. Went on my own, left the fella to mind the kids, because the enormity of school holidays and no child-free days for a while loomed large in front of me. You must see it so you can fall in lust with Javier Bardem

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.