Saturday, October 25, 2008

What I should be doing..

..is baking the big fella's birthday cake for tomorrow. Instead, I'm on here researching where I will buy a Pavlova from - his favourite dessert. Extremely slack I know but I am so pooped and as much as baking and I love each other I just don't think I can do it. Not now, not early morn. As it is, I'm still to wrap gifts. It's usual I rise first so let's hope he doesn't surprise me.

We will enjoy breakfast together as a family at a local teahouse and if the weather is kind to us drive to the coast for a sweet day beachside.

Only around 60 days 'til Christmas peoples, if you're really keen you can add one of those crazy Christmas ticker things to your blog or watch this countdown. But not me, I don't wanna be reminded. I'm scaling it right back this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hope that you get your lovely weather for a beachy birthday.... I know Christmas is on it's way, yikes!!!! I also have every intention of scaling it back this year, in fact we have just been telling my almost 8 year old that Santa has become very environmentally aware this year and will not be filling sacks with lot's of mindless junk........ I am hopng to make a lot of gifts too this year, better get a move on!!! Hope you found your PAV, yumm I adore Pav myself.. Happy birthday to your man!!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the whole IDEA of Xmas .. the pretty decorating catalogues, the perfect trees with perfect children beneath them .. the mythical love and harmony of family.

    But I *am* looking forward to the tree .. and decorating. You can stick the cooking up your arse though, i'm done with that particular bizz !

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.