We've been having a clean-up of the old shed, there are a lot of old goodies including vintage baby formula tins and a possum that won't give up his home. The old guy (previous owner) used to chat away to two possums whilst he worked in his shed so the little guys aren't going anywhere in a hurry. Poor creatures, they must be waiting for their old mate to return. Not on my watch!
The other wonderful piece I have to show you is this grand old Singer, isn't she just gorgeous? She is circa 1909 (so almost 99 years old) and in need of fierce TLC. One of my Father's longtime friends was given this by his Auntie years ago and as his daughters took no interest he passed it onto me when I was around 9 years of age. For now it's sitting in my laundry as a bench of sorts until we bring it back to life (exterior only). Have a look at the beautiful woodwork on those little utility drawers. There were some real treasures inside the drawers including a couple of pattern booklets.
Believe it or not, I learnt to sew on one of those old Singers with the pedal foot. My mum had one she was given and was in *mint* condition. She ended up selling it many years ago for really good money to a friend who has an antique store.
ReplyDeletewow ! - you've just *got* to do that up .. whether you sew or not ! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is just gorgeous. I agree with H&B.
ReplyDelete