Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Seven years on...without my Grandmother.

On this day seven years ago you passed, I had started to ready myself a year prior to in the hope that I would possibly let myself down gently. Most of the months following were such a blur, even now I can hardly speak about you Mardi without tears welling and that awful lump growing in my throat.

Please know I will never, ever forget you and I only wish my daughters had the chance to live some of your days with you. You continue to be an inspiration to me and I miss you like the deserts miss the rain.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you, I too lost my grandmother 3 years ago now, I still miss her, dream about her often & most of all I would have loved for her to meet Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still miss my Nannas every single day. I tried the "let down gently" thing, but it just doesn't work. Its still such a shock when the finally go.
    Tearing up now....

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.