Music is so prevalent in my life, our life. Having a partner as a musician can be wonderful, tough at times when you know all he is thinking about is that new lyric, melody or production tweak that needs to be. But I wouldn't change it for the world, music is so important for more reasons than I care to write about. Unity and memories are why I feel it's so strong in my life.For instance, I just watched the recording of Denton's television show, Enough Rope from Monday night and heard Rod Stewart singing Sailing, I'm no RS fan truthfully but it brought tears to my eyes as I recalled it was the last song played at Nanna's (my paternal Grandmother's) funeral. She loved that song, she loved the lyrics and moving her fingers along the edge of the table like she was playing piano. That always made Dad and I laugh.
It was nice just now to take a moment and remember her, she would have been 100 years old on September 9th.
Ooo...I was going to watch that but *forgot* Typical. I need to write these things down. I actually don't mind that song of Rod's. That and Maggie May, though I do like Blur's version of it. *heehee* That's like when I hear bagpipes I always think of my paternal grandmother, being a proud scot and all and she LOVED bagpipes...
ReplyDelete