Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sloppy solids..

It's moments like these..


...that I'm really grateful for easy-to-clean, hygienic products like these IKEA Antilop highchairs:
I just take it outside and wash it down with a bucket of water and antibacterial detergent. It looks pretty funky (the tray table is sold separately for some bizarre reason??) and doesn't make my house look too babyfied and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

I'm not into the licensed stuff around much and I don't knock anyone who is because it takes all of us to make the world go 'round. Not to say I won't buy some of it for the big girl but it has to be something quite unique or something she really wants. I just prefer some style and individuality to our lives. Plus I find many more inexpensive pieces without the 'Disney' bizzo attached.

3 comments:

  1. Great high chairs those. I so wish we bought one of those for Monet instead of that expensive thing that is now taking up valueable space in our spare wardrobe. Those IKEA ones are relatively inexpensive aren't they and look how funky it is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep $50 will get you the chair and the tray table. I also have a comfy, rubbery thing that she sits on (see it behind her). You can get a blow-up cushion for when they're too small to sit in it but I think she is fine. I also like that you can whip off the tray and it sits at the table with the rest of the family. I think Miss A secretly wishes she still sat in it or had one of her own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to get the antilop with DS, but they were out of stock for SIX MONTHS ( true ! ), so I bought a 2ndhand Peg on ebay.

    I must prefer hygenic and no nooks and crannies - let me tell you !
    Perhaps i'll get one this time ?

    And I *hate* licensed products. One of DS's little friends ONLY wears WigglesWear. He looks like a chump. Another is all "Bob the Builder". DS has NO licensed product clothes, and that's the way I like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.