
I'm spending today packing suitcases for our little family's departure to the countryside this weekend. We are driving south for a couple of hours tomorrow morning and I can't explain how excited I am about this trip. We're only going for a short time and I really wish it was more than the weekend but hopefully this is the beginning of many autumn/winter driving holidays. The cooler weather always makes car travel in this state so much more bearable.
This antique shop will have our car parked right outside on Sunday morning, I plan on looking in each and ever antique/collectables store I pass much to my partner's concern. He is a fairly good shopper but he says I spend way too much time in the one store. My daughter will probably follow in my footsteps as she is happy to walk around and chat to other shoppers at the tender age of 2.
Another funny moment this week from A, she loves the Bernard Fanning song 'Songbird'. Whilst we were out driving today she made me play it five times over and over. I like the song, the trouble is I'm worried if this keeps up I will become really sick of it. She thinks it's her Daddy singing it and playing the guitar. She's got half of it right, he fronts a band and is a guitarist. And he has met and played with Bernard so if she's lucky enough and he's still pretty cool when she's in her tweenie years she may just meet him.
I'll be sure to post on the trip next week and I've decided to journal my reviews on cafes/restaurants namingly breakfasts from now on. There are far too many establishments serving offensive meals in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.