
Alcoholism is a terrible, fierce disease. And I am saddened to say my life has been affected by it for almost all of my years, no..not me it's my Mother and subsequently my brother. I go through many ups and downs dwelling on how their lives impact mine, particularly my Mum. Lately it has really struck a chord with me again. Last night I was searching the Council library's website for some research/reading material on 'adult children of alcoholics' to overcome some issues and fears. I did find a couple of books so I'm having them transferred to my local office, hopefully they will equip me to confront my Mum and the discomfort she brings me so often. They say you should be able to get to a stage where you can forgive the alcoholic parent....I will say now that for me it will be VERY hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.