Today was just one of those days where everything seems to overwhelm you and yes it could be these silly pregnancy hormones but I felt like my head was on fire by 7pm. The big fella was late arriving home from the office and given we live about an hour from the office I see that as plenty of time to forewarn me of his plans. He said sorry, fine...thank you...but don't bloody do it again!
I expected him over an hour earlier and had prepared a beautiful Vietnamese Chicken & Mint Salad compliments of the wonderful Brisbane chef Lien Yeomans at Green Papaya. You might think "so what, put it in the fridge" but this recipe calls for last minute freshness. We ate, I silently seethed and he entertained Miss A while I tried to zone out.
Anyway, that's all over and done with for now. I was having a cranky moment, Miss A was testing me as she likes to do on Friday nights. I think we need to go out more, not in the daytime but for a casual meal.
We also erected our Christmas tree, 'A' squealed with excitement as she assisted 'Santa' (the big fella). It's nothing fancy as I don't believe in going overboard seeing as though we outlay money in so many other areas at this time of year (presents, food), but I will post a photo later when I download them. For now, I'm lying in bed and feeling very snoozy indeed.
God I love Viet Salad !
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I have the same issues with timing of meals. Stir-frys are another that bother me when the main man's home 30mins later than stipulated.
*sigh*