This baby is really taking its toll on me physically (and most likely mentally if the truth is to be spoken). I reach 8:00pm of an evening and I'm ready for a shower and bed - that's just laughable. What's worse is that I'm finding it really frustrating because I want to enjoy my last 12.5 or so weeks with just one child.
You know the drill: you have dinner with number one child, you bath and dress in pj's attire number one child, you read a few books to number one child, play a few funny kissing and cuddling games with number one child, turn on some soft music, switch off the light and leave the room. Until 7:00am the following morning if you're as lucky as us. It's just dawned on me all that is going to change with a very rude awakening soon.
Additionally, I'm starting to worry the wonderful and devoted relationship I have with Miss A is all going to change too. How will she cope? How will I cope with the change in our relationship - she is my only child, I don't have room for another do I?
Do any of you dear readers have any tips for these whirlwind concerns I'm having?
I can't help you, but I do sympathise. I have friends with the toddler/newborn combo .. and I think 'my God'.
ReplyDeleteBut they all seem to get through it, and so will you ;)
I was so worried about this too (when #2 was due to arrive). As H&B says, you will get through it. The evidence that it will all be okay is that when my #3 arrived I had none of these worries AT ALL because I knew that everything would settle down to a new normal - that is quite wonderful in its own way.
ReplyDeleteMy only tip is to make sure you have plenty of help when the baby arrives, so that you'll be able to give A some one on one attention. I'll be thinking of you :)
Hello! Just found you via mutual blogs we visit so thought I'd put in my 2c. The thing I found surprising when I had child #2 was actually how little work a newborn needs. Made me wonder what I'd fussed about first time round. Yes, you have to sit down and feed them for an hour (feels like) at a time, but really after you've burped and changed them, they're ready to go back to sleep. So you will have time for little Miss A. Of course, making sure you get time for eating and sleeping is also important but hopefully you will have some help with these jobs. Newborns sleep a LOT. And they don't require much beyond food, comfort and sleep. They get stimulation from being around you and your partner and their older sibling. And you're an old hand at this now, you really will surprise yourself.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you get your rest now, while you can though!!!
Also, put housework waaay back on your list of important things in the first 6-8 weeks. Happy family more important than spotless house. Well that's my motto anyway. ;-)