I slept in today, well as much as 7:30am is sleeping in. But given that I've been awake around 5am since moving here that IS considered sleeping in. Our new bedroom is quite warm and the sun loves to tap me on the shoulder (I'm a side sleeper) to say good morning. I really don't mind if I get to bed at a reasonable hour as I cherish those 2.5 hours of a morning to myself. But I can't stop staying up late and collapsing into bed around midnight. Luckily, Miss A is a terrific sleeper and I can only hope her sibling is as clued up.
We have a busy day ahead as we prepare to host a small BBQ gathering for some friends at lunchtime tomorrow. I have even prepared a menu!! Seeing as though I have been so ill in the past few months I haven't been able to entertain.
In preparation we need to visit the butcher, fruit shop, seafood monger and florist today. And before I forget we need to fill up the gas bottle. There's nothing worse than running out of gas and the big fella has done that a couple of times now. He's slightly vague if I haven't mentioned that before. But it must run in the family as two Christmases ago the same thing happened at his family's lunch.
This is one of the salads I'm preparing, doesn't it sound interesting - Tomato, runny honey & mint salad. My mint is growing like crazy right now so I need to use most of it this weekend so it doesn't go to waste.
In the drinks department I'm putting together this Pineapple & Mint Slushie concotion, the only trouble (only for me) is I'm doing an adult version as well by adding Vodka. Thankfully there will be another non-drinker so I won't feel completely left out. This will be another tough Christmas, Miss A was a March baby so no drinking in 2003 either.
Better get into the swing of it...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.