Miss D is a strong character, but very much an introvert as well. Life is on her terms, this is sounding familiar here (well, she had a to get it from someone right?) and when it is - look out - she is so much fun. Right now she's parading around the house and garden in a one-piece ballerina suit and strappy shoes, nothing on the bottom and that's how she likes it.
The guidance officer at school suggested we read this book so I have reserved a copy at the library. I have decided I will also put a hanky into her pocket with my perfume all over it so she can keep me close. I associate a certain perfume to my Mother and Grandmother so there's no doubt it works.
Is anybody else going through this with a child about to head off to school?


Awww MissD, gees I love her. I'm taking notes here K! Every child is different and I hope that the progress from Kinder to Primary goes smoothly. I like the idea of the hanky with the perfume. *sweet*
ReplyDeletePoor love and you, I do understand and it is distressing. Last year, when we had so much trouble, I made a little felt necklace with a character/doll that approximated me which she could wear or keep in her pocket. I'd be happy to make one for her, if you told me some distinctive features, clothes or colours...
ReplyDelete