Tuesday, February 09, 2010

38..


Yep, another year down. Hip hip hooray and all that jazz!!

I was so spoilt by my lovely (new-ish) friend, F. Her call couldn't have come at a better moment - birthdays just don't seem to be what they used to. What a surprise having someone bake a beautiful birthday cake just for you. Not just once either, when I arrived home I noticed a cake stand on the counter top - hiding underneath its cover was another lovely cake covered in icing sugar. Almost identical. The Big Fella had donned his apron and created a masterpiece, even adding candied orange peel. My favourite combination - chocolate and orange. 

WOW....two flourless chocolate cakes for Miss Number 38.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Very impressive looking cake you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. How lucky to have those people in your life.

    38 eh? I'm 37 in less than a month now - I can hear 40 knocking on the door. I am seriously loving being between the age of 35 and 40 though - it isn't as scary or as old as I thought it would be/feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, you're a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been so tardy with your posts of late that I haven't been checking on you as regular as I used to. I'm sorry this is a belated wish, but I'm really glad you felt special on your birthday, that's what it's all about.

    I raise a glass to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very, ahum, late happy birthday!
    geez, you old biddy! but i'm not far behind you, and that feeling that the 30s are almost done and dusted is not the best, regardless of what people say.

    glad you had a lovely day and someone made you a cake. hears to a wonderful year of being 38 just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday!! I hope you partied like you are still 37 ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.