I took three days away from normality and ventured south to the northern rivers of NSW for a(nother) solo holiday. One of my favourite worldwide spots...honest. Just driving along with the wind in your hair and those tunes at top volume. Well, I could have done that forever.
Plenty of time to pop in to this awesome gallery and purchase some of the most beautiful ceramic pieces ever!!; explore the ice-cream shops; visit op shops galore with no concerns of a certain little someone/s bumping into the wares; garage sales on the Saturday (I counted 12); many many cups of local Chai and a visit to the weekend markets. I swam in the river and the pool ALONE and generally relaxed and forgot about life for a while. I recommend these sorts of breaks away for any woman. I guess I'm lucky I like my own company as I've been told it's not for all???!
Yesterday afternoon, one week on, Miss A took this photo of me (a la naturale you understand - I'm not even sure I'd brushed my teeth or hair all day eewww) and I feel very relaxed about posting here. Peace!
You're a lucky chick. And a lovely one at that. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love going away on my own as well. It's nice to go with friends and it's nice to go with the family, but its revitalising to go solo :) Good on you!
ReplyDeletehi,
ReplyDeletewe went to Kingscliff for the hols. Nic rode everyday to Murwillumbah and even Mt Warning on his bike. Drove to Brunswick heads and remembered seeing the gallery in a COuntry Style mag but had forgotten the name of it when we were there. just pooled and beached the days away...bliss. I'd like to have a house in Bangalow...agghh dreamy.