Tuesday just gone saw the Teacher's Union strike which resulted in Miss A staying home and again on Wednesday, after torrential rain over the previous days, I decided to keep her home for another rest day (our Prep. aged children are encouraged to have these). After the downpour Miss A's school closed due to safety at 11am that day and parents were requested to collect their children so I didn't feel so bad about her time away from her teacher, friends and classroom activities after all. ESP.
Having her home with me at length again made me realise how quickly time passes and before you know it, your toddler is now a scholar with opinions and a grasp of language and numbers. Her drawing skills are fabulous and I adore the way she tells a story with an image to explain emotion. I will miss her returning to a full week of school tomorrow and I reminded myself it's only another five weeks until June/July school holidays. Hooray!
Me: Well, this week I've made or "created" if you will ~ bacon, leek & cauliflower soup; carrot & coriander soup, banana, cinnamon & honey muffins and an apricot slice. I am attempting to make some little fabric 'yo-yo's' and rearranged the layout of the family room, I like it much better now as it takes in the view over the hills. Simple things.
And tonight, I shall retreat to a very deep bath and get cosy with my girls.
Poor thing, sounds like you havent had the best of weeks. Hope everyone is fully recovered soon. The girls look gorgeous! - Ange
ReplyDelete