Friday, June 29, 2007

My weekly "ME" time..

The big fella and I have devised a plan to help me return to my normal, fun-loving non-Mum self ;-)

So, each Saturday after lunch I have the afternoon to myself. To do whatever I want dear readers. WHATEVER I WANT. Do you know how good that feels? Given I know my audience here, then yes I suppose you do. Well the past two Saturdays I have spent shopping, not always to spend although I have been looking for new shoes and tops, instead, I've come home empty handed or with bloody clothes for the children. And always, always with kitchen gadgets. I will find any old excuse to buy something for the kitchen.

On my list this week is a new Microplane because mine just isn't sharp enough; a milk frothing thermometer (for the coffee machine) and some new measuring spoons because mine are falling apart so I'm going for the all-in-one adjustable measuring spoon this time. There's just one complaint...most of these spoons are not the same measurements we use in Australia. For instance, our 1 tablespoon measurement is 20ml but most spoons are 15ml grrrrrrr.

There's about 12 hours until I have my afternoon "off"...the funny part is when I'm out alone I almost cannot wait to get home to see my girls again. Silly Mother.

5 comments:

  1. WoW! Lucky you. Lucky, lucky you!!

    Hey, I bought one of those adjustable measuring spoons too but I made the terrible (terrible) mistake of putting it in the dishwasher and all the numbers/measurements rubbed off!!! Urgh.

    Know what you mean by missing your girls. I leave Monet for a couple of hours and I can't wait to see her when I walk in the door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Melody re the dishwasher trick. Aside from that, did you like the spoons - I couldn't get any today but the store is ordering me some to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Saturday afternoons sound like heaven. Unfort little miss Chloe wont drink from a bottle, even if it is my milk so the most I can get out for is a couple of rushed hours between feeds! Looking wf to the day when I can enjoy an afternoon of leisure to myself too

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made sure early on that Miss D would take a bottle for this reason and in case anything happened where I had to take off (sick parent) for longer periods. My babe is still feeding 2.5 - 3 hour periods at 16weeks and it can be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the adjustable measuring spoon before !!

    Enjoy your 'me' time - what a nice hubby :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.