Monday, August 15, 2005

Winter colds and baking..


I have a head cold right now, I should be thankful it hasn't turned into the flu I suppose. My daughter has been terribly ill with a chest infection (croup) and has been off colour for almost two weeks. I am so bored with sitting about the house, I can't wait to be able to go out properly again and not worry about her feeling down.

We have suffered with one or two cold days where I live, how funny but that will probably be it for our winter. We are lucky in a way and then we're not because we aren't able to prance around wearing lovely winter attire. We probably wear a jacket twice during the winter months.

I have finally taken the photos of all the ebay things I want to list, it has taken some time and motovation but it's done and ready to go for later on tonight. I don't earn much money from doing this but it's a better way of ridding the house of our shit than doing a huge garage sale. That just ordeals me with people turning up at the crack of dawn (still dark) and rummaging through things. Plus, if you're not watching them like a hawk they steal from you.

I really need to get to the shopping centre this afternoon, I need to get some things for dinner and return some unwanted purchases. I can probably do that when my little one wakes up. If I'm quick she will be kept amused and happy.

I have a picnic to prepare for in two day's time, I have decided to bake a lot of things to take along. It is for one of my aunt's birthdays...it will just be a small gathering with family but I love to spoil them with my cooking. My Dad's Mum (my Nanna) was a fantastic baker so I think that has rubbed off onto me. I must remember to go through the baking utensils of hers that are still at my Dad's house. Now that she has passed it would be lovely for me to keep up the tradition and teach my children the art of cooking. It's a dying art for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.