Sunday, April 29, 2012

Four months on

Goodness me, here we are almost four months on and I have neglected this space. We have had three family birthdays, including mine which happened to be a significant number, yes it was 40-ohhh! I must say it wasn't the highlight I thought it was going to be or dare I say, meant to be. I didn't have a party instead I will do that when I turn 45 as that seems to be much more fitting as middle aged to my thinking. Also, my daughters will be 10 and 13 years of age and able to party almost as well as me. I might just invite all of my readers too. Remind me of that.

With winter approaching our orchard is bearing beautiful fruit including mandarins, lemons, oranges, lemonades, paw paw and passionfruit. Our neighbours are supplying terrific, perfect avocados and kilos of sweet potatoes. For me and my tastebuds this means I head back to my favourite room in the house, the country kitchen. To my welcome surprise I've spent the past two Sundays bulk cooking and baking. I mentioned to a friend that it was really nice to be back where I know I belong. I believe creating in the kitchen is much the same as the release of creating in my daily life. Although that is digital based it is the same basis of satisfaction hands down, from not much at all to a product "mindblowingly" fantastic. Or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, funny I am turning 40 this weekend with maybe just a few drinks at the local (child friendly) pub with some friends and family -no crazy party....

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.