I know you've probably had more than enough royal wedding fever by now but I'm filling this space with one of Miss A's 3D dedications to the happy couple. She was totally engrossed in the entire affair, even dressing for the occasion, including a double veil. My favourite element of this illustration is the bouquet William is clutching for his bride.
We all watched the wedding, fashion commentary and celeb spotting (I loved Posh's outfit!) and it reminded me of how special Charles and Diana's wedding was to me as a nine year old. I spent my afternoons after school with my scrapbooks and a few bottles of Clag paste, here I would sit quietly for hours perusing my paparazzi images and where they would sit best on those giant pages. The beginnings of my page layout obsession, no?
Fast forward, 30 years to this week and we bought the souvenir edition of Woman's Day (oh yeah...since when did it turn into a $4.00 publication??) however, Miss A would not have a bar of chopping it up.

Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMy mum text me today to say she's bought the souviner Oz mags for my girls. I'll get my hands on the UK 'Hello' & 'OK' ones in the next week.