Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New seasons..

Days and nights turn into weeks and months. I shouldn't neglect this space as I have done. It partially serves as a diary for me and this morning I realised how much time I've "lost" by not writing here.

We are moving into autumn, although due to me being more of a sun lover it does feel like winter. For a girl who enjoys cooking and baking and eating her own cooking and baking this is a good thing. Casseroles, soups, dumplings, muffins, heavy fruit laden cakes. Even though I am showered and nearing bed I could quite easily go and eat any number of these things that are sitting, stored in my freezer and fridge. Food is quite often my friend and quite often not.

The big fella departs for the band's US and Canadian tour next week, there is a lot of anticipation, stress and obvious excitement surrounding this. As he has spent the past few days in the city already this week I feel as though he's already gone. I have been craving this alone time. Don't be surprised, I am a loner. I learnt at an early age to amuse myself and never depend on anybody for your own happiness. I don't mean to come across all deep here but if my girls only take one thing from me that's what I'd like it to be (oh...and independence and strength).

The girls don't realise how far away their Father is travelling and for how long but I am confident that the house will run as smoothly....who am I kidding, huh?.....it will bloody well run much smoother! Always does...to the beat of just one drum. The smallest child is still struggling with her attention seeking (yes, I'm aware that's natural) and issues of separation so with any luck she might just be cured whilst she's left to her own devices. Fathers and daughters!!

Right now, the girls are thoroughly enjoying the outdoors and riding their bikes around the property and local bike track. I have been watching all of the fruit in the orchard, especially the Imperial mandarins, my favourites. Swimming lessons for both continue into the winter months with our heated pool facility (still....I'm glad it's not me!) and before we know it I'll be dissing Christmas once again.

As the Labour Day long weekend approaches I am happy, rather ecstatic to report the girls and I are going camping for three nights/four days. I've already compiled my checklist and as far as I'm concerned I could drive off tomorrow. I am a born traveller and having children has rocked me a little. I can no longer just up and go at my leisure. I'm hoping this camping bug is here to stay as I spent most of my school holidays camping on an island with little or no cares. Did I mention the camping ground has free wireless internet access? Even the 5 star suites I stay in do not. Where's the luxury I ask?

Right...I'm now rambling and seeing double so I'll close here and go and sleep on my next post. Because she makes me smile so much I shall share this image of Miss A with you. See why we call her a "little freak". I'm told this is the Bollywood Indian girl dress-up.

4 comments:

  1. Yippee - another post!

    I too am a loner at heart. As much as I do like to have a chin-wag it is usually only in a one-on-one situation I am most comfortable. You lead such a 'simple but pleasureable and exciting life', no wonder we are friends of the internet kind.

    How relaxing does that pic of Miss A look? What a dag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I think I'm a loner at heart as well. I think I enjoy my own company above all others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks chicks. It is so right, to be truly happy and peaceful I think you must enjoy your own company first. This is really something I want my girls to appreciate.

    Melody..you're spot on! It is simple but pleasurable and I've found my new friends in this town feel so much like old friends. Like we've known each other forever. I like that, very comforting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't touched base of late, haven't got quite back into checking in with the new pc. So, exactly how long does Nick go for? It is college circuit or something else?

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.