Friday, April 23, 2010

My other love..


If there is one thing in this world I love just more than my children it would be MY magazines. Love them! I'll tell you a few funny snippets about me with regards to my paper babies. 

1. I don't like anyone touching them (ie. opening and reading) before me.
2. I never purchase the first magazine off the pile at the newsagent.
3. Never in my wildest dreams would I think of turning the edges on a page to 'bookmark' an article or image. That is what your bookmark is for people. 

So now you can stop laughing and celebrate with me in all things magazines. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful showcase of Australian publications, at the top of my list and in no particular order are these:

• Australian Country Style
• Real Living
• Frankie
• Inside Out
• Australian Gourmet Traveller
• Donna Hay

If you add those up that is quite a lot of moula per month, even if they are a tax deduction. But...I've been a fan since I was 12 years old and it has always been the same way. On reflection, it is interesting to note that my career began in magazine publishing as it wasn't an initial dream, rather a path I found myself gliding down.

What magazines do you love and are you loyal to them?

1 comment:

  1. So would you be horrified to know that I read, then tear out the pages I want to keep and paste them into another book?

    I subscribed to US Gourmet and Bon Appetit for many years, but issues with the delivery times, non delivery finally got to me when I could buy the edition I was getting delivered in the shops before it got to me. So I stopped subscribing to that. I got rid of most copies via the aforementioned method, but I kept about a dozen of my favourite Gourmet mags.

    I now only subscribe to Gourmet Traveller and Jamie magazine, and share one for Delicious with my mum. I also buy Vanity Fair.

    PS I always used to be the same about someone reading before me, but given how long it takes me to read one now, I've relaxed on that a little!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.