

I want this and I want it now! Image and information from Udessi. There is a spot on my wall just crying out for its presence.
One-of-a-kind fabric art panel, featuring a combination of silkscreen prints, linocut prints, applique and hand-stitching by artist Carmel Killin (Feed The Dog). This new design represents a twist on Carmel's love for "homes" and plays with contrasts of colour and texture. "I love imagining the kind of exotic birds that will hatch from those wildly patterned eggs."
Carmel only makes a small amount of these extraordinary original artworks, so these pieces are strictly limited and truly unique!
inspiration:
"Who doesn't love a bird's nest? Though it wasn't till I saw Gay Bilson's collection of real birds' nests at the Object Gallery in Sydney that I really fell in love with these divine, eclectic little "homes" for winged creatures."
materials:
100% cotton, eco-friendly, non-toxic inks and cotton thread. The fabric panel is applied to a matt board ready for framing (frame not included). The piece is beautifully packaged in a hand screenprinted kraft paper bag, custom made by the artist.
Don't know where I've been, or where the weeks have gone. LOVE this, have earmarked for a possible gift for myself later this year.
ReplyDelete