Most of next week's meal plan has come from this book and immediately I roasted a wonderful batch of toasted muesli. Nutty, crunchy and spicy just as I like it. As usual, it will make lovely gifts at Christmas time.
When I'm standing in the kitchen I have a strong sense of connection to my daughters. If I, if we don't show our youngsters where the best food comes from then I believe my parenting task is not fulfilled. I secretly love that the six year old carries on and on with bursts of disgust when we drive past fast food establishments. That's her right!
And at the same time it is my right to sit seaside with a piping hot papery bag of goodness - fresh, hot chips with a side of aioli thank you.
I am also taking in the latest Donna Hay magazine as well as the previous year's issue for this season.
Somebody said I should take a look at 'Save with Jamie'. Are you a fan, has the book made it to your collection, and have you read it?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on, be brave....make your mark here in my Comments section.